Pixelmon Mod It’s a pretty well known fact across the world that both Minecraft and Pokemon have a lot of fans. One is a really successful game that has allowed players to express themselves in multitudes of ways whereas the other is a really popular franchise based around fighting monsters that you can capture in a ball. A really great thing would be to combine the very best aspects of both these things into one so that players can enjoy the best of both worlds and this combination will also make it more appealing to a much wider audience. The Pixelmon Mod designed for Minecraft 1.9 Mods does exactly this.
Pixelmon is without a doubt one of the most content heavy mods out there. It adds so many different Pokemon into Minecraft and makes it feel like a completely new game. It’s quite incredible how the developer has managed to implement Pokemon from various generations. As it stands now, you can find different kinds of these pocket monsters from five different generations when playing with Pixelmon applied. Five generations is quite a lot and it means that there are close to 700 different Pokemon where each one has a unique look and of course different kinds of abilities of its own.
One really commendable aspect of this mod is the fact that it has paid a lot of attention to even the smallest of details. You won’t just randomly find any kind of Pokemon in any location but instead they’re scattered across the world in such a way that each one of them seemingly lives in a natural habitat of sorts. For example, the only places you’ll find Bulbasaur in are the greenery heavy areas such as the Sunflower Plains or Forest Hills but at the same time someone like Charmander can only be located in fiery areas like the Extreme Hills. Each Pokemon also has a shiny variant of itself which is much rarer and has slightly higher statistics and a different color.
Above all else, perhaps the key highlight of Pixelmon is the fact that it does not interfere with the workings of other mods. Since it doesn’t alter or mess around with the base files in any way, the other functioning mods will remain on your client exactly as they are and you won’t have to worry a single bit about running into compatibility issues while running Pixelmon which is of course quite great.
Pixelmon Mod Installation
- Download the appropriate Forge version, Download Minecraft Forge.
- The Forge comes with an automatic installer; when you run Forge, make sure you select “client”.
- When the Forge installation is done, open the new Minecraft launcher and click “Edit Profile”. Then go down to “Use Version” and click on the drop-down menu. There should be an option named after the Forge version you installed. Choose that and click “Save Profile”.
- If Minecraft loads without crashing then you have installed Forge correctly.
- Download the latest version of Pixelmon bellow.
- Make sure that the downloaded jar file’s size is around the size listed on the download page. If it is significantly smaller (e.g., 0 B), then the download was corrupted and you should try re-downloading the file.
- Open the Minecraft launcher, press “Edit Profile” and then “open game dir” to open your Minecraft folder, open the mods folder and place the Pixelmon file there. If there is not a mods folder, create and name the folder accordingly before placing the file inside.
- Do not extract or unzip the file.
- Now just boot up Minecraft, and if it loads without crashing then check whether, in the mods menu on the main screen, it lists Pixelmon as one of the mods. If it does, Pixelmon is installed!
- For better functioning, this mod and game performance install OptiFine 1.9
Download Pixelmon Mod 1.10
Pixelmon Launcher 1.9 and 1.8.8
not released yet
For Minecraft 1.8 – Recommended
For Minecraft 1.7.10 – Recommended
For Minecraft 1.7.2 – Recommended
For Minecraft 1.6.4 – Recommended