PermissionsEX is a new plugin for permissions which is based on the ideas of Permissions, with all features being supported. The difference is that PermissionsEX offers a lot more. It has powerful in-game management, different backends and fine-grained world modification restrictions. Some of its features are highlighted below.
Features of PermissionsEX
- UUID support
As of the version 1.21, UUIDs are supported.
- Backend support
There are several backend support with the currently bundles of backends being SQL (SQLite, MySQL) and File (YAML). It is also possible to add your own if you so desire to.
The YAML backend has new configuration schematics that allow all users and groups as well as their permissions to be stored on a single file known as permission.yml. The name of the file can be altered to any other desired name.
- SQL backend
SQLite and MySQL are both supported, but you can have other DB as well, such as Postgre. The DB scheme is deployed automatically by PermissionsEX. That means that the only thing you need to do in order to connect to the DB is provide data.
The architecture and API of PermissionsEX is quite flexible. That means that you can alter a lot programmatically.
The mechanism for the permission-based restrictions allows the control of abilities of players. Such abilities include placing/destroying blocks and riding boats/carts among others.
- Multi-group inheritance
A user or a group can be the member of more than one groups, inheriting their permissions and options.
- Multi-world permissions
If you don’t specify a world, the permissions will work in any world.
- Multi-world inheritance
Inheritance of different groups in different worlds is possible.
The level of caching is kept low to help when the number of online users is high.
It allows assignment of ranks to groups and promotion/demotion of users to groups ranked higher/lower. The ranking ladders can be several.
- Timed permissions
You can limit the amount of time that a user gets permission.
- World inheritance
The options and permissions of one world can be inherited by any other world.
PermissionsEX is updated automatically to ensure that you get all the latest features and bug fixes as they come.
- Improve performance at the cost of removing per-user debug mode
- Fix issue with UUID lookup in
/pex user <user> group set <group>
- Revert earlier changes in CachingData to fix some people’s issues
Special thanks to PikachuEXE for their contributions to this release!
- Fix timed groups check + possibly concurrent modification exception
- Fix a few CMEs, other bugs
- Fix rank ladder fetching
- Preserve group position when swapping groups
- Improve the error message presented when running this release on incompatible servers
- Prevent duplicate attachments from being added to Permissibles — fixes server lockups when repeatedly calling
- Correct error handling when commands present errors
- Several performance tweaks
- Improve compatibility with older versions of MySQL
- Update for Guava changes in Spigot 1.8
PermissionsEX Bukkit Plugin 1.10.1 Installation
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Press start and type in %appdata%.
- Find and open your .minecraft folder.
- Locate to your mods folder (if this folder does not exist you can create one).
- Move the Reliquary Mod file into it.
- Open you Minecraft Launcher and select the profile according.
Download PermissionsEX Bukkit Plugin
Mod by bukkit.org