Gliby’s Voice Chat mod is an excellent mod that adds some amazing, seamless voice chat into the game. The mod can be utilized when both the player and the server have it installed. The best part about this mod is the fact that the voices actually vary depending upon the distance between players. Someone who’s closer to you will sound much louder whereas someone who’s talking from far away will have a much lower voice. To use it, simply press the ‘V’ key and begin talking.
Advanced Options, isn’t mean’t for newbies, only touch this stuff If you know what you are doing!
- Enhanced Decoding – attempts to filter noise from the received voice samples.
- Volume Control – turns down Minecraft’s sound effects when someone is talking
- Encoding Mode – user input disabled.
- Encoding Quality – how nice you sound while talking, usually the server handles audio quality. When it doesn’t you can touch that slider!
- Gliby’s Snooper – removed.
- Reset – when you mess up these options, use this.
Installation Gliby’s Voice Chat Mod
- Check to see if you have Minecraft Forge installed from previous installation of other mods and ensure that it’s the latest version. If you don’t have it, download and install it before you continue.
- Download the mod and save it in downloads folder.
- Browse to %appdata% to locate your .minecraft folder then open the mods folder. If it is not there, you can create one.
- Go to the download folder and copy all the content of the mod then paste to the mod folder.
- Open Minecraft Launcher and select Forge profile.