The name of the Thaumcraft Mod is derived from the word Thaumaturgy. Thaumaturgy essentially refers to the capability of a person or magician to make miracles or magical incidents happen. Now, something like this sounds rather far-fetched for a game like Minecraft because magic doesn’t really have a lot to do with this game. Sure there’s a lot of creativity involved since you’re building a ton of unique things but when it comes to magic, Minecraft isn’t usually big on it. However, the Thaumcraft Mod allows players who play this game and enjoy magic to get the best of both worlds and that’s something truly remarkable.
When people think about magic they usually think about wands because according to common belief, wands are the tools that are used to make magic happen. The Thaumcraft Mod bases itself on this concept and basically implements a ton of wands into the game that can then be used to make magical stuff happen. Bear in mind that while this mod adds a lot of cool features, you won’t be able to use all of them right from the get go. The magic spells you’re able to cast will depend greatly on what wand you possess.
The first wand you’ll have access to is the Iron Capped Wooden Wand which needs to be crafted by using a stick and iron nuggets. Once you have this wand in your possession the actual fun begins. Early on you’ll be able to use some fairly basic but interesting spells. For instance you will have the ability to chop down the tree with a single flick of the wand and you can even drain a pond if you want to and use that water to fill up whatever container you want to. Of course this is just the beginning.
Later on as you get hold of some stronger wands you’ll get access to some very powerful spells as well. Some of the higher level wands even allow you to conjure up creatures or if you feel like making some chaos happen then they can be used to burn down an entire forest within seconds.
The Thaumcraft Mod works well with various addons such as Electrical Magic Tools, Thaumcraft Mob Aspects and Thaumic tinkerer so you might want to install these as well if you’re looking for a fully immersive experience.
This mod has been designed by Azanor and is available for Minecraft 1.8.
Thaumcraft Mod Changelog:
– fixed portable hole focus casting cost changing when used.
– added an indication to thaumometer hud element to make it clearer what the current aura level is vs. the aura base level.
– increased the chances that a silverwood tree will contain a pure node.
– sword of the zephyr can now only push living things around like intended.
– completely draining the aura in a chunk will cause a lot less flux now (about 1/5th previous amount).
– taint can now only replace blocks with greater than 0 and less than 10 hardness.
– added additional sources of auram by changing some existing aspect assignments.
– added config option which allows you to increase the speed at which tainted dust dissipates, and another which lets tainted soil turn back into dirt instead of dust. This should help performance on lower spec systems.
– vishrooms confusion effect now works again.
– slightly increased hover harness base speed and fixed its hud element lighting bug.
– void jars should not be venting ALL the extra essentia as flux, just a teensy weensy bit of it.
– bellows will once again speed up vanilla furnaces.
– made the repair enchant a lot more forgiving on the aura.
– by popular demand the advanced aura tapper research no longer allows wands to recharge from anywhere in your inventory. They must still be in your hotbar.
– made the arcane levitator cheaper to use.
– fixed banner recipes – the required wool colors and resulting banner was reversed.
– autocasters now render properly when placed upside down.
– improved arcane bore block finding algorithm.
– arcane bore block detection will not be blocked by arcane block glimmers anymore.
– arcane bore now interacts correctly with silk touch.
– added wool -> string entropic processing recipe.
– apprentice rings now gives a larger vis discount. This may change again at some future date if I can get something I’ve been working on, um, working.
– various other small bugfixes and balance changes.
Installation Process Thaumcraft Mod:
- Check to see if you have Minecraft Forge installed from previous installation of other mods and ensure that it’s the latest version. If you don’t have it, download and install it before you continue.
- Download the mod and save it in downloads folder.
- Browse to %appdata% to locate your .minecraft folder then open the mods folder. If it is not there, you can create one.
- Go to the download folder and copy all the content of the mod then paste to the mod folder.
- Open Minecraft Launcher and select Forge profile.
Download Thaumcraft Mod
for Minecraft 1.8
for Minecraft 1.7.10
for Minecraft 1.7.2 and earlier