Before discussing the Bloodmoon Mod in any major detail, it’d be best to talk about what the Blood Moon actually is. This phenomenon basically occurs during a lunar eclipse. As sunlight passes through the earth’s atmosphere it becomes scattered and the other colors of the spectrum are removed which ends up causing a red colored moon, normally referred to as a blood moon. There’s now a Minecraft mod based on this phenomenon and it’s quite a well designed mod and adds a lot of dynamic elements to the game. It’s definitely worth trying out due to these reasons.
First off let’s discuss the visual change that this mod causes. Basically whenever night time falls in Minecraft, there’s a small chance that the rising moon will be red and if the moon becomes red then the light from the sky will have a red colored shade to it as well. One thing worth mentioning about this mod though is that the effects it causes occur directly on the earth’s surface which means that if you’re underground or hiding in a cave, the mod is basically useless and you won’t be able to experience the changes it brings. However, if you’re out and about during the time of the mod you’ll get to experience it in all its glory and watch the magic happen.
The gameplay effect of this mod is that the mods spawn much quicker and they also spawn in close proximity to you which means that you’ll pretty much never be safe if a blood moon ever pops out. A new mob will spawn after every few seconds and come directly at you so you have to make sure that you have your very best equipment on and are combat ready when you apply this mod otherwise you might get obliterated by all the mobs coming your way.
One thing to keep in mind though is that you can’t sleep during a Bloodmoon as well so you’ll have to survive through the entire night manually. To make things feel more authentic, when dawn occurs all the mobs will disappear so you’ll finally be safe. However, before dawn you’ll have to be combat ready at all times since mobs will be coming at you left and right and there’s no stopping them.
- Added: WorldSpawnDistance config option, allows you to change how close monsters can spawn to the world spawn on a bloodmoon
- Changed: The Vanish option now kills the mobs (Without drops) instead of making them vanish
Installation Process to Bloodmoon Mod
- Check to see if you have Minecraft Forge installed from previous installation of other mods and ensure that it’s the latest version. If you don’t have it, download and install it before you continue.
- Download the mod and save it in downloads folder.
- Browse to %appdata% to locate your .minecraft folder then open the mods folder. If it is not there, you can create one.
- Go to the download folder and copy all the content of the mod then paste to the mod folder.
- Open Minecraft Launcher and select Forge profile.